Reality Store - Kiel High School
The Chamber of Manitowoc County is proud to present the financial education event, “The Reality Store” at Kiel High School. It will be held on Wednesday, April 12th from 8:15 a.m. – 11:30 a.m.
- Prior to the event students choose the future career and receive their monthly salary deposited in their checking account.
- Students enter The Reality Store with their check book. They first stop at “Uncle Sam” for their tax deduction. They then proceed to “The Bank/Credit Union” for their student loan deduction. Students then have to visit 13 other booths making purchases for their life. Ex: buy a car, home, groceries, utilities, etc.
- Staff one of the various booths
- Assist students in making wise financial choices based on their salary
- No experience necessary
Event goals for the students:
- Learn basic skills in financial planning, goal setting, decision making and career planning
- Help students examine their attitudes about their futures and career expectations
- Develop a more realistic idea of the financial impact their future decisions will have.
In order to keep this event focused on education, we ask that no one bring promotional items to The Reality Store. If you would like to donate promotional items for the students, contact The Chamber. Please feel free to wear your company’s logo apparel.
We appreciate your commitment to our area youth and look forward to your participation and support in this most exciting event. Should you have any questions, please feel free to contact The Chamber at (920) 684-5575 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Volunteers should respond to The Chamber by Wednesday, April 5th.
Booth assignments and final instructions will be emailed by Friday, April 7th