Reality Store - Mishicot - 2023
- Prior to the event students choose the future career and receive their monthly salary deposited in their checking account.
- Students enter The Reality Store with their check book. They first stop at “Uncle Sam” for their tax deduction. They then proceed to “The Bank/Credit Union” for their student loan deduction. Students then have to visit 13 other booths making purchases for their life. Ex: buy a car, home, groceries, utilities, etc...
- Staff one of the various booths
- Assist students in making wise financial choices based on their salary
- No experience necessary
- Learn basic skills in financial planning, goal setting, decision making and career planning
- Help students examine their attitudes about their futures and career expectations
- Develop a more realistic idea of the financial impact their future decisions will have.