Reality Store - Roncalli High School
Proudly supported by:
It will be held for about 150 Juniors and Seniors on Wednesday, March 15 from 8:00 a.m. – 11:00 a.m.
- Prior to the event students choose the future career and receive their monthly salary deposited in their checking account
- Students enter the Reality Store with their check book. They first stop at “Uncle Sam” for their tax deduction. They then proceed to “The Bank/Credit Union” for their student loan deduction. Students then have to visit 13 other booths making purchases for their life. Ex: buy a car, home, groceries, utilities, etc.
- Staff one of the various booths
- Assist students in making wise financial choices based on their salary
- No experience necessary
- Learn basic skills in financial planning, goal setting, decision making and career planning
- Help students examine their attitudes about their futures and career expectations
- Develop a more realistic idea of the financial impact their future decisions will have.
We appreciate your commitment to our area youth and look forward to your participation and support in this most exciting event. Should you have any questions, please feel free to contact The Chamber at email@example.com or (920) 684-5575.
Volunteers should respond to The Chamber by Monday, March 6.
Booth assignments and final instructions will be emailed by Monday, March 13.