Business and Technology Administrative Specialist (Full-Time)
Job Title: Business and Technology Administrative Specialist
Employment Classification: Support Staff ~ Range begins at $16.33 per hour
Reports To: Dean of Business and Technology
Location: LTC Cleveland Campus
Employment and Work Schedule: 38.75 hours per week x 52 weeks | Monday – Friday
Flexible day/evening hours based upon needs of the college
Provide administrative leadership and office management for programs in the Business & Technology division, and direct support for division dean. Understand organizational core processes as they relate to department activities and college initiatives. Perform job responsibilities without direct supervision; maintain confidentiality and ability to deal with all situations. Provide outstanding customer service, high visibility and communications to all customers by promoting a positive image of the college internally and externally.
• Coordinate the course program/curriculum review process for assigned program areas and maintain documentation and materials including course catalog and curriculum.
• Design and coordinate multiple program, instructor, and student schedules for assigned program areas. Ensure accuracy of class offerings, troubleshoot and resolve conflicts.
• Coordinate class enrollment activities including the entering of class grades, management of wait lists and monitoring of class enrollments.
• Collaborate with other instructional areas for course offerings and room scheduling.
• Utilize and maintain functional knowledge of administrative software system (PeopleSoft) within the institutional areas of responsibilities.
• Proctor tests on as-needed basis.
• Coordinate and support advisory committee meeting activities and action items for assigned programs.
• Provide support to students on as-needed basis including advising students on academic progress, course availability, and other inquiries.
• Advise student services staff on program schedules, content & processes, and facilitate communication between program representatives, admission specialists, advisors, faculty, and the dean.
• Coordinate and maintain instructional materials with the bookstore.
• Project preliminary staffing needs and coordinate work assignments for assigned program areas.
• Assign part-time workload and analyze, evaluate and calculate instructional workloads.
• Calculate and assign course payment using the teacher assignment process for part time and full-time faculty.
• Assist Dean in new employee activities relative to hiring and training.
• Prepare payment for non-instructional activities.
• Provide Grants Management Support for program related grants.
• Coordinate support for Career Pathway Development Process, TSA, and other special projects for assigned program areas.
• Provide 5 Star Service throughout all customer interactions.
• High school diploma or equivalent and related associate degree plus additional related college credits with two to three years recent related occupational experience required.
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Office – Word, Excel, and PowerPoint is required.
• Ability to plan and set goals, meet deadlines, and function with limited supervision and guidance.
• Provide customer service and communicate effectively with internal and external customers.
• Ability to handle sensitive and confidential situations in a positive and proactive manner and maintain confidentiality of the college, students, staff and work assignments.
• Prioritize work assignments, manage multiple tasks, detail orientated, work under pressure, adapt quickly to changes in work environment, work independently and in a team environment, process work efficiently and in a timely manner while maintaining high quality work.
• Flexibility; including the acceptance of and willingness to change.
• Highly motivated with a strong interest in contributing to the success of the College.
• Keep abreast of and adapt to changes in educational software and technology.
• Initiate and be proactive in contacts with co-workers on work assignments and meet deadlines within the department and with other college departments.
• Exemplify college values in all staff and student interactions, as well as services delivered.
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships and relate successfully with staff, students, and citizens of diverse cultural, social or educational backgrounds.
*Note: Meeting the minimum requirements does not guarantee an interview for a position.
** Fluent, bilingual individual is beneficial.
Condition of Employment
• Employment conditional on completion of a Background Information Disclosure (BID) and the results acceptable to the College.
Health Insurance Employee Assistance Program (EAP) Tuition Reimbursement
Dental Insurance Paid Leave of Absence (PLOA) Health Reimbursement Account (HRA)
Long Term Disability Professional Development Flexible Spending Program
Life Insurance Vacation On-Site Child Care Center
Wisconsin Retirement System (WRS) Holidays Wellness/Fitness Center
Beginning: Thursday, April 6, 2017
Closing: Applications will be accepted until the position is filled; however, to ensure full consideration, application should be submitted for receipt no later than Friday, April 21, 2017.
Online Application Process
The LTC online employment application must be completed in its entirety to be considered for a position at Lakeshore Technical College. To access the online application, visit www.gotoltc.edu, navigate to ‘Just for You’ and click on ‘Job Seekers’, choose ‘View Employment Opportunities’ to create an account login and to apply for the position. For additional assistance, please contact Human Resources.