ELL Instructional Assistant, Evenings - LTC Sheboygan (Part-Time)
Job Title: ELL Instructional Assistant, Evenings (Part-Time | 650 Annual Hours)
Employment Classification: Support Staff Non Exempt ~ $16.66 per hour
Reports To: Dean of General and Pre-College Education
Location: LTC Sheboygan – 3620 Wilgus Avenue, Sheboygan, WI
Employment and Work Schedule: 16 hours per week x 40 weeks
Provide instructional assistance to students in the ELL classroom/computer lab. Provide ELL program support. Conduct student orientation to include student interview, goal setting, testing and placement.
• Conduct individual intake interviews.
• Administer, evaluate, and record initial assessment/placement tests; in skill areas of reading, writing, listening and speaking English. Assist in the initial placement in ELL classes.
• Facilitate primary and secondary goal setting.
• Complete PEP (Personal Education Plan) with students.
• Schedule students for classes.
Instructional Assistant - ELL
• Plan and conduct instructor approved group activities.
• Provide individual tutoring using a variety of English Language Acquisition (ELA) methods.
• Select appropriate lab materials.
• Provide computer orientation and assist students in accessing computer programs as a learning tool.
• Track and evaluate student lab class progress.
• Provide instructional assistance in the classroom, under the direction of the instructor.
• Oversee ELL computer lab activities; maintain and troubleshoot computer hardware and software.
• Assist instructors with group scheduling and student placement, prepare student schedules and calendars, inform instructors of incoming students and maintain master class lists.
• Perform post-testing and record outcomes.
• Participate in retention and recruitment activities.
• Maintain student records and files using college network systems.
• Participate in appropriate meetings and professional development activities.
• Serve as a liaison between ELL program and Job Center agencies.
• Provide 5 Star Customer Service throughout every interaction.
• High school diploma or equivalent and related associate degree or equivalent and two to three years recent related occupational experience required.
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel.
• Must be able to plan, set goals, and motivate.
• Other qualifications include: ability to communicate and identify with limited-English proficient adults; ability to read, write, analyze, and interpret business correspondence and procedure manuals; ability to plan for and conduct small group instruction; and respond effectively to questions from staff, students, and the general public.
• Exemplify college values in all staff and student interactions as well as services delivered.
• Ability to maintain effective working relationships and relate successfully with staff, students, and citizens of diverse cultural, social or educational backgrounds.
• Fluent, bilingual individual is beneficial.
*Note: Meeting the minimum requirements does not guarantee an interview for a position.
Condition of Employment
• Employment conditional on completion of Background Information Disclosure (BID) and the results acceptable to the College.
Beginning: Friday, November 30, 2018
Closing: Applications will be accepted until the position is filled; however, to ensure full consideration, application should be submitted for receipt no later than Wednesday, December 12, 2018.
Online Application Process
The LTC online employment application must be completed in its entirety to be considered for a position at Lakeshore Technical College. To access the online application, visit www.gotoltc.edu, navigate to ‘Just for You’ and click on ‘Job Seekers’, choose ‘View Employment Opportunities’ to create an account login and to apply for the position. For additional assistance, please contact Human Resources.