Patient Customer Service Specialist
The primary objective of this position is to provide Ridiculously Nice customer service while working with patients on behalf of our clients, educating the patient on options available and assisting them in understanding and satisfying their medical expenses.
An individual in this position must be able to successfully perform the duties and responsibilities listed below. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.
Description of the Work Environment
Our culture at Americollect is simple: have fun, work hard, demand improvement of yourself and your teammates, and respect others. These aren’t just words at Americollect. You’ll see this in action everyday. And you’ll be rewarded for it!
We offer competitive benefits including: insurance and flexible spending accounts (FSA), paid time off after only 30 days, retirement plans, casual dress code, flexible work schedules, and more. Americollect was named one of the best companies to work for in collections, nationwide every year since 2009!
- Make outbound phone calls and take inbound calls from patients to offer payment options and solutions to help them resolve their medical expenses while keeping our clients payment specifics and mission and vision statements in mind.
- Note each phone call and conversation in our clients system. Additional documentation may be need based on the client.
- Take payments using our client’s payment portals while complying with federal guidelines.
- Comply with state and federal laws that govern our agency along with guidelines that govern our clients as well (HIPAA).
- Take insurance information and forward to appropriate department.
- Set goals to ensure personal growth by working with current team leader or manager.
- Review accounts, phone calls, dialogue and receive feedback in a positive manor to help achieve your own personal goals.
- High School Diploma or equivalent required
- Previous insurance knowledge is preferred
- Previous experience as a collector is a plus but not required, any additional training will be provided.
- Certified Revenue Cycle Specialist certification (CRCS) is a plus
- Ability to type 45 words per minute
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Office Excel, Word, and Outlook
$13.00/hr + Monthly Bonus Levels
Training Schedule: 8:30am – 5:00pm Monday – Friday for approximately 3 weeks.
Regular Schedule: 8:30AM – 6:00PM Monday – Thursday; Weekly rotating half day on Fridays working 8:00am – 12:30pm or 12:30pm – 4:30pm.
- Positive Attitude
- Team Oriented
- Consumer Needs, Assessments & Solutions
This is an office/call center environment with a moderate noise level. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently sitting for long periods of time and typing, entering data and reading on a computer.