Electro-Mechanical Technology Part-Time Faculty
Job Title: Electro-Mechanical Technology Part-Time Faculty
Division: Advanced Manufacturing and Engineering
Location: Lakeshore Technical College – Cleveland, WI
Salary: Per Part-Time Faculty Salary Schedule
Employment and Work Schedule:
• Lakeshore Technical College is actively accepting online applications for Electro-Mechanical Technology Program Part-Time Faculty teaching assignments beginning in Fall 2017.
• Day or evening availability is desirable. Flexible hours based upon needs of the College.
NOTE: Part-Time Faculty positions are for specific classes only and do not imply any availability of full-time employment.
Provide instruction to students in the Electro-Mechanical Technology Program in one or more of the following subject areas: Robotic Maintenance, Basic Electricity, Industrial Wiring, Fluid Power, DC Fundamentals, Programmable Controllers – Allen Bradley; Remain current with the WTCS Electro-Mechanical Technology curriculum and trends in the industry. Instruction may be available in Industry via LTC’s Workforce Solutions division.
As an instructor you will prepare students with one or more of the following competencies in LTC’s Electro-Mechanical certificates or Associate Degree program:
• Troubleshoot and maintain mechanical equipment.
• Configure, install, troubleshoot and maintain automation equipment.
• Maintain robotic equipment.
• Instruct students on how to create, edit and communicate with Allen-Bradley PLC programs for real-time control.
Responsible for placing learning first and providing educational experiences for learners in various formats, schedules, and in various places in accordance with the mission of the college inclusive of: facilitating learning, assessing student performance as well as instruction and outcomes, developing and maintaining current/relevant course materials, and communicating with the community, other schools, the college, the division, and team members. Provide 5 Star Service throughout all customer interactions.
• Bachelor’s degree with education or training preparing the individual for the occupational area being taught required and a minimum of two years (4000 hours) recent related occupational experience as an Electromechanical Technician, Manufacturing Applications Engineer, Robotics Technician, Electro-Mechanical Technician, Automation or Electrical Engineer, Journeyworker Industrial Electrician or Journeyworker Maintenance Mechanic. Master’s degree preferred.
• Comprehensive understanding of electrical, mechanical, and automated systems.
• Two years teaching or training experience beneficial and/or one year of curriculum design/development experience.
• Industrial Electrician, Maintenance Mechanic, or Maintenance Technician Journey-Worker status beneficial.
• Experience with computer assisted instruction and software.
• Working knowledge of PC software in a Windows environment.
• Possess excellent classroom delivery skills, which encourage success and participation on the part of students.
• Must be innovative and able to collaborate with other staff for developing curriculum for classroom instruction.
• Must be motivated and have a strong interest in contributing to the success of the College.
• Positive human relations and effective written and oral communication skills essential.
• Exemplify college values in all staff and student interactions as well as services delivered.
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships and relate successfully with staff, students, and citizens of diverse cultural, social or educational backgrounds.
** Fluent, bilingual individual is desirable.
*Note: Meeting the minimum requirements does not guarantee an interview for a position.
Condition of Employment
• Employment conditional on completion of Background Information Disclosure (BID) and the results acceptable to the College.
Beginning: Friday, March 10, 2017
Closing: Until position(s) are filled
Online Application Process
The LTC online employment application must be completed in its entirety to be considered for a position at Lakeshore Technical College. To access the online application, visit www.gotoltc.edu, navigate to ‘Just for You’ and click on ‘Job Seekers’, choose ‘View Employment Opportunities’ to create an account login and to apply for the position. For additional assistance, please contact Human Resources.