General Advisor – LTC Manitowoc (Part-Time)
Job Title: General Advisor – LTC Manitowoc (Part-Time | 1,456 Annual Hours)
Employment Classification: $24.44 per hour
Reports To: Enrollment Services Manager/Registrar
Location: LTC Manitowoc – 3733 Dewey St., Manitowoc, Wisconsin
Employment and Work Schedule: 28 hours per week x 52-week management contract
Flexible day/evening/weekend hours based upon needs of the college
The General Advisor is responsible for helping students set and reach their educational goal by providing proactive support. Serve as the key contact at the center for all students needing student services. The General Advisor will provide leadership to the Customer Service Associate(s) and the Office Lead positions. Other duties as assigned.
• Provide academic advising, career exploration, and help students develop a career pathway based on their individual needs.
• Advise current students in courses at the centers about LTC programs.
• Advise students regarding transferability of courses to and from Lakeshore Technical College.
• Support students with the Financial Aid process.
• Use technology to provide information to students regarding occupational training programs and the enrollment process, program requirements, and other LTC services.
• Maintain a comprehensive communication plan to encourage students to progress into programs.
• Collaborate with all LTC Staff to provide high quality customer service to assist current and prospective students.
• Provide the first-level of support for Student Billing, Student Records, Financial Aid, Registration, and overall student support for students at the campus.
• Assist with Student Service related activities with the primary goal to transition students into programs.
• Participate in the investigation, development and implementation of new services and process in response to student needs and trends.
• Administer nationally standardized assessments and deliver verbal exam instructions. Schedule and proctor test sessions. Facilitate the implementation of current software, hardware and technology needed for up-to-date assessment functions.
• Maintain an accurate record keeping and reporting system for services.
• Coordinate and hold certification test sessions for other organizations such as Manufacturing Skills Standard Council (MSSC) or other National Association of Manufacturing recognized certification standards.
• Proctor, score and interpret other highly specialized assessments such as the Scientific Management Techniques assessments.
• Provide instruction for career decision-making classes.
• Provide 5 Star Service throughout all customer interactions.
Responsible for the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of the Customer Service Associate and Office Lead at the LTC Manitowoc Job Center. Responsibilities include design position responsibilities, interview, hire, and train employees; plan, assign, and direct work; supervise, mentor, and develop staff through the Employee Performance review; reward and discipline employees.
Carry out managerial responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws to include: develop plan(s) and budget for department; address staff and student issues in an effective and timely manner; be an active advocate for LTC in the community; and be active in the college by serving on committees.
Education, Training, and Experience
• Bachelor’s degree in a discipline related to student success required. Master’s degree in related field is preferred.
• Two to four years of recent related occupational experience in academic advising, career services, or employment resources required, three to five years of related experience preferred.
Skills and Abilities
• Working knowledge of college enrollment management tools and financial aid processes.
• Experience using PeopleSoft is desirable.
• Working knowledge of PC software in a windows environment (i.e., Microsoft Office Suite).
• Must have highly developed written and oral communication skills.
• Strong customer service, organizational and time management skills.
• Ability to think independently and make decisions with the scope of the role with minimal supervision.
• Ability to quickly adapt to change and succeed in a fast paced, metric driven position.
• Must be able to plan and set goals and motivate.
• Exemplify college values in all staff and student interactions as well as services delivered.
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships and relate successfully with staff, students, and citizens of diverse cultural, social or educational backgrounds.
• Fluent, bilingual individual is beneficial.
*Note: Meeting the minimum requirements does not guarantee an interview for a position.
Condition of Employment
• Employment conditional on completion of Background Information Disclosure (BID) and the results acceptable to the College.
Life Insurance Tuition Reimbursement Professional Development
Holidays (Prorated) Wisconsin Retirement System (WRS) Wellness/Fitness Center
Vacation (Prorated) Employee Assistance Program (EAP) On-Site Child Care
Paid Leave of Absence (Prorated) Flexible Spending Program
Beginning: Friday, November 30, 2018
Closing: Online applications will be accepted until the position is filled; however, to ensure full consideration, application should be submitted for receipt no later than Wednesday, December 12, 2018.
Online Application Process
The LTC online employment application must be completed in its entirety to be considered for a position at Lakeshore Technical College. To access the online application, visit www.gotoltc.edu, navigate to ‘Just for You’ and click on ‘Job Seekers’, choose ‘View Employment Opportunities’ to create an account login and to apply for the position. For additional assistance, please contact Human Resources.
Online Application URL: https://gotoltc.edu/ltc-hr/display-position.php?position=251