Traffic Safety Part-Time Faculty
Job Title: Traffic Safety Part-Time Faculty
Division: Public Safety
Location: Lakeshore Technical College – Cleveland, Wisconsin
Salary Expectation: Per Part-Time Faculty Salary Schedule
Employment and Work Schedule: Scheduled class by class
Days, evening and weekend teaching assignments
Note: Part-time faculty positions are for specific classes only and do not imply any availability of full-time employment.
Provide instruction to students in the Traffic Safety, Group Dynamics, and/or Multiple Offender Program courses. Responsible for placing learning first and providing educational experiences for learners in various formats, schedules, and in various places in accordance with the mission of the college inclusive of: facilitating learning, assessing student performance, as well as instruction and outcomes, developing and maintaining current/relevant course materials, and communicating with the community, other schools, the college, the division, and team members. Teaching/training in business and industry may be assigned. Provide 5 Star Service throughout all customer interactions.
• Two years of occupational experience in the area of AODA counseling, education, or treatment or related fields, such as student assistance program director or employee assistance program director OR complete a minimum of 45 hours in an accredited college level course in the area of AODA education or treatment.
• Two years occupational experience in group process work or group counseling as a treatment or education professional OR complete a minimum of 45 hours in an accredited college level course in the area of group work methods, group counseling or group process.
• Possess a Wisconsin driver’s license with a satisfactory driving record.
• Experience with computer assisted instruction and software.
• Working knowledge of PC software in a windows environment.
• Experience desired in delivering instruction by alternative methods such as instructional television or online.
• Possess excellent classroom delivery skills which encourage success and participation on the part of students.
• Must be innovative and able to collaborate with other staff for developing curriculum for classroom instruction.
• Must be well motivated and have a strong interest in contributing to the success of the College.
• Positive human relations and effective written and oral communication skills essential.
• Exemplify college values in all staff and student interactions, as well as services delivered.
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships and relate successfully with staff, students, and citizens of diverse cultural, social or educational backgrounds.
** Fluent, bilingual individual is desirable.
*Note: Meeting the minimum requirements does not guarantee an interview for a position.
Conditions of Employment:
• Employment conditional on completion of Background Information Disclosure (BID) and the results acceptable to the College.
Recruitment Period: Ongoing
Online Application Process
The LTC online employment application must be completed in its entirety to be considered for a position at Lakeshore Technical College. To access the online application, visit www.gotoltc.edu, navigate to ‘Just for You’ and click on ‘Job Seekers’, choose ‘View Employment Opportunities’ to create an account login and to apply for the position. For additional assistance, please contact Human Resources.