V.P. Human Resources
Reporting to the President & CEO, this position is responsible for directing all of the people functions of the organization in accordance with the policies and practices of Lakeside Foods. This position is responsible for the strategic human resource planning to provide the organization with the best people talent available and to position the organization as the employer of choice by being aware of policies, practices and trends within the industry.
PRINCIPLE DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Plans,develops, organizes, implements, directs and evaluates the organization’s human resource function and performance.
- Plays a role in the overall leadership and management of the Company by contributing to formation of the strategic plan, particularly from the perspective of the impact on people. Evaluates and advises on the impact of long-range planning of new program strategies and regulatory actions as these items affect the attraction, motivation, development and retention of the people resources of the company.
- Develops staffing strategies and implementation plans and programs to identify talent within and outside the organization. Identify appropriate and effective external sources for candidates for all levels within the organization. Markets Lakeside to the labor market, including branding.
- Develops progressive and proactive compensation and benefits programs to provide motivation, incentives and rewards for effective performance.
- Creates a culture of personal health and wellness throughout the company and oversee the development and implementation of health programs to support this culture.
- Enhances and/or develops, implements and enforces HR policies and procedures of the organization by way of systems that will improve the overall operation and effectiveness of the organization.
- Develops and executes union and pro-employee strategies. Includes serving as chief spokesperson during contract negotiations and contract administration, and creating policies and programs that foster direct relationships with Lakeside and the people who comprise the company.
- Develops policies and programs to actively promote the Lakeside culture that creates positive relationships with Lakeside people and that result in exceptional productivity, motivation and morale- includes engagement and communication programs that keep people well informed of Lakeside’s business and off-work activities/interests of Lakeside people that promotes identification with the organization.
- Develops policies and provide assistance to managers that ensuring people are carrying out their responsibilities in accordance with Lakeside standards and expectations.
- Develops programs to allow the organization to embrace applicants and Lakeside people of all backgrounds and to permit the full development and performance of all people. Develops appropriate policies and programs for effective management of the people resources of the organization. Included in this area would be programs for employee relations, affirmative action, sexual harassment, people complaints, external education and career development, among others.
- Helps identify and source training programs that meet the needs of Lakeside people.
- Develops policies, programs and practices that provide a safe and healthy work environment. Manage the workers compensation program, including the resolution of open claims to successful conclusion.
- Identifies legal requirements and government reporting regulations affecting the human resource function (e.g. OSHA, EEO), ERISA, Wage & Hour). Directs the preparation of information requests or inquires for compliance. Acts as primary contact with labor counsel and outside government agencies.
- Develops human resource planning models to identify competency, knowledge and talent gaps and develops specific programs to fill the identified gaps. Areas of activity will include talent management through proper succession planning programs for key contributor and management positions, training and development programs for preparing people for more significant responsibilities, and general business and general business development programs to enhance peoples’ knowledge and understanding of the business of the company.
- Develops and implement programs that position Lakeside positively in each of the communities in which it has facilities. Includes support of community activities, donations, press releases, etc.
- Other. Performs other duties and assume other responsibilities as requested by the president & CEO.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
Bachelor Degree from an accredited college or university, with MBA, SHRM-SCP certification, or JD desirable.
Ten to fifteen years of progressive human resources generalist experience in union and nonunion environments, including several years of progressive management.
Experience in technology and automation in Human Resource processes.
Legal literacy to help ensure a culture of compliance and integrity.
Team player, hard worker, quick and continuous learner, strategic thinker, down-to-earth, with excellent communication (written and oral) and people skills.
Lakeside Foods offers a competitive pay and benefits package. If interested, please send resume and salary requirements, in confidence to:
Lakeside Foods, Inc.
Attn: V.P. of Human Resources
808 Hamilton St
P.O. Box 1327
Manitowoc, WI 54220
or e-mail: email@example.com
An Equal Opportunity Employer