Description of the Work Environment
Our culture at Americollect is simple: have fun, work hard, demand improvement of yourself and your teammates, and respect others. These aren’t just words at Americollect. You’ll see this in action everyday. And you’ll be rewarded for it!
We offer competitive benefits including: insurance and flexible spending accounts (FSA), paid time off after only 30 days, retirement plans, casual dress code, flexible work schedules, and more. Americollect was named one of the best companies to work for in collections, nationwide every year since 2009!
- Transforming software designs and specifications into high functioning code in the appropriate computer language (VBA, C#, VB.net, and SQL)
- Integrating individual software solutions to higher level systems, including but not limited to Progress and MySQL, using ODBC
- Tracking and fixing errors in code through rigorous testing, debugging, troubleshooting and documentation
- Performing upgrades to expand, increase efficiency, improve security, and integrate software into existing systems.
- Monitor efficiency and correctness of existing and new programs
- Updates job knowledge by studying development tools, programming techniques, participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Education: BS/BA in Computer Science, Information Science, Software Engineering or equivalent work experience.
- Experience: Developing applications using at least one popular framework (C#, C++, VB)
- Certification: SQL certification preferred
- Ability to keyboard 45 words per minute
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Excel
- Visual Studio
- SQL, C#, VB.Net, VBA, XML, Json
- Object Oriented Programming Concepts
- Understanding of relational databases (MSSQL, MySQL)
- Must be organized, pay attention to detail, and have time management skills
- Be approachable and willing to collaborate with others.
- Strong communication/organizational skills
- Ability to multi-task
- Accountable to self and team
- Demonstrate ability to stay on task with little supervision
- Sustain high level of confidentiality
- Positive Attitude
- Team Oriented
- Process Design & Development
- Consumer Needs, Assessments & Solutions
This is an office/call center environment with a moderate noise level. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently sitting for long periods of time and typing, entering data and reading on a computer.