Director of Fund Development
- Cultivate Corporate & Individual Donors.
- Develop and maintain Bequest and Corporate Sponsorship Programs.
- Build relationships with community leaders, businesses and individual donors.
- Direct and coordinate organizational capital development, annual campaign, memorial gifts and endowment programs.
- Contribute to Grant & Fundraising Efforts: Serve as a resource to the Grant Committee, Fundraising Committee and other assigned committees of the Board of Directors.
- Maintain donor database and prospect list.
- Track all gifts and pledges by source and purpose and provide reports as needed.
- Establish and monitor the fund development budget.
- Develop appropriate Fund Development policies and procedures for the organization.
- Provide training in Fund Development as needed.Educate, motivate and provide feedback to individuals related to best practices in the Fund Development process.
- Develop communication plans to ensure members, participants, and the community understand the case for support.May plan and direct the marketing and communication plan; may plan and oversee the organizational annual meeting, annual reports, newsletters, brochures and reports.
- Represent the organization as requested.
Mission Advancement: Incorporates LHS’s mission and values into the organization’s vision and strategies. Ensures community engagement; promotes the global nature of the LHS. Leads a culture of volunteerism ensuring engagement, inclusion, ownership and philanthropy.
Collaboration: Advocates for and institutionalizes inclusion and diversity throughout the organization. Initiates the development of relationships with influential leaders to impact and strengthen the community. Is recognized as an inspirational community leader who navigates complex political and social circles with ease. Communicates to engage and inspire people within and outside LHS.
Operational Effectiveness: Possesses penetrating insight and strong strategic and critical thinking skills. Invests resources in well-designed innovation initiatives. Creates a structure to deliver organization-wide results to achieve objectives. Determines benchmarks and ensures appropriate leadership to meet objectives.
Personal Growth: Creates a learning organization. Effectively drives change by leveraging resources and creating alignment to expand organizational opportunities. Has the functional and technical knowledge and skills required to perform well; uses best practices and demonstrates up-to-date knowledge and skills in technology.
Summary of Qualifications:
- A Bachelor’s degree in a related field or equivalent; Master’s degree preferred.
- Proven professional experience with a background in fund raising in the animal welfare industry or another not-for-profit preferred.
- Ability to relate to top community leaders and diverse groups of people from all social and economic segments of the community.
- Working knowledge of giving and charitable vehicles.
- Ability to create interpretive materials to enable potential donors to understand LHS and how they contribute to the achievement of its mission.
- Knowledge of the media and its use in gaining exposure for LHS events and programs.
- Knowledge of foundation and government grant writing processes (experience preferred).
- CFRE (Certified Fund Raising Executive) or equivalent preferred.
Work Day Hours and Requirements:
- Full-Time, Flexible hours and days.
- Position will require home office (or another remote location).
- Required to maintain computer, internet access and phone.
- Attend monthly BOD meetings.
- Travel required using personal vehicle.
Send Resume to email@example.com by 3-31-2017