Project Analyst Team Leader
The primary purpose of the Project Analyst Team Leader is to lead the Project Analyst Team and to provide support, education, and the appropriate tools for progressive project management throughout the organization. This leader is responsible for monitoring team members’ responsibilities and assisting with the technical direction and vision of process improvement or automation projects.
Description of the Work Environment
Our culture at Americollect is simple: have fun, work hard, demand improvement of yourself and your teammates, and respect others. These aren’t just words at Americollect. You’ll see this in action everyday. And you’ll be rewarded for it!
We offer competitive benefits including: insurance and flexible spending accounts (FSA), paid time off after only 30 days, retirement plans, casual dress code, flexible work schedules, and more. Americollect has been named one of the best companies to work for in collections, nationwide every year since 2009!
An individual in this position must be able to successfully perform the duties and responsibilities listed below. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.
- Monitors the overall performance of Project Analysts, developing communications and training to address knowledge gaps within the department. Selects talent, and provides direct leadership to Project Analysts, communicating job expectations, setting goals, motivating, coaching, and monitoring performance results. Develops performance improvement plans where necessary. Holds teammates accountable.
- Delegates the department’s responsibilities among Project Analysts based upon their skills, abilities, experience, and interests. Plans, directs, prioritizes, and coordinates activities related to process improvement or automation projects.
- Communicates the strategic direction of the department and organization to the team members.
- Maintains high standards of project quality within the team by enforcing good practices and habits.
- Supports cross-organizational improvement projects while ensuring the compliance of policies and procedures. Collaborates to ensure the cohesiveness of the department’s processes and procedures with other areas of the business.
- Prepares reports and other documentation on the status, operation, and maintenance of software applications developed or enhanced as a result of a process improvement or automation project.
- Assesses opportunities for application and process improvement.
- Capable of understanding and contributing to the technical solution and design of software applications.
- High School Diploma or GED
- Associates Degree preferred
- Studies in Business, Project Management, Computer Science, Information Science, and/or Software Engineering helpful
- 1-3 years of programming experience preferred
- Demonstrated effectiveness in developing and coaching others
- Experience with process improvements related to internal systems, processes, and procedures
- Experience with Scrum methodology and agile practices
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office Excel
- SQL, VBA
- Ability to manage others through motivation, leading by example, approachability, empowerment, and respect
- Effective and tactful communication through numerous channels within the department and cross company
- Full Cycle Project Management: Leading, managing, influencing, problem solving, and identifying cause and effect where appropriate
- Decision Making with respect to the delegation of responsibilities among a team, and other sensitive efforts that impact others
- Prioritization, particularly in managing staff and workload in times of high volume demands
- Host effective & efficient meetings, fostering the growth and sharing of departmental knowledge
- Positive Attitude
- Team Oriented
- Process Design & Development
- Consumer Needs, Assessments & Solutions