1515 Memorial Drive

Manitowoc, WI 54220

(920) 684-5575

Fax: (920) 684-1915

Mon - Fri: 8:00 - 4:30


Farm Wisconsin Discovery Center Announces Grand Opening

February 08, 2018
(Manitowoc, WI) Since 2010, a committed board of directors, staff and volunteers have been planning to build the Farm Wisconsin Discovery Center (Farm Wisconsin). On Saturday, July 28, 2018, they—in partnership with the local community and visitors and dignitaries from throughout the state—will celebrate the Center’s grand opening.

The $13 million attraction is a world-class, interactive discovery center that will focus on the diversity of Wisconsin agriculture within a framework of sustainable and responsible farming practices. Farm Wisconsin is located south of Manitowoc at 7001 Gass Lake Road, northwest of the I-43 and County Road C intersection.

“Only 2 percent of Americans produce food for the other 98 percent of us,” said Julie Maurer, Farm Wisconsin board president and a Manitowoc County dairy farmer. “Wisconsin has a rich agricultural heritage. Visitors to the Farm Wisconsin Discovery Center will connect with that heritage and learn about the fascinating future of agriculture through interactive exhibits, farm tours and a birthing barn where they can witness the miracle of calves being born.”

Nic Schoenberger, Farm Wisconsin board vice president continued, “As a farmer, I am most pleased with Farm Wisconsin’s focus on agriculture and conservation. The land is our most important asset. The evolution of farm practices to minimize environmental impact is a great story.”

Farm Wisconsin will welcome an estimated 100,000 visitors per year including school groups, bus tours, and visitors of all ages. Highlights will be:

• A 29,000 square foot discovery center with educational displays and hands-on learning opportunities
• A birthing barn where visitors can watch calves being born
• A 300-person conference center
• An opportunity to tour a local dairy farm
• A café, ice cream counter and country store featuring Wisconsin products

Currently, Farm Wisconsin is at 96 percent of its $13 million goal and continues to welcome donations at all levels. Naming opportunities for selected areas are still available.

For more information or to make a donation, visit www.buildwaec.org , find us on Facebook, or contact Lauren Rose Hofland at lauren@farmwisconsin.org.
Lauren Rose Hofland
(920) 973-9339